The Solid Facts of Physical Mail
Direct mail is our specialty at ZaHub, and we believe in its marketing power for pizza shops. We could go on and on about why we think it’s great, but we understand that sometimes it takes some hard facts and solid numbers to believe in direct marketing, too. You’ll see – the numbers simply speak for themselves.
- For every 36 emails you receive (on average), you get 1 piece of mail in your mailbox.
- The average lifespan of an email is 17 seconds, compared to direct mail’s average lifespan of 17 days.
- 59% of US respondents say they enjoy getting mail from brands about new products.
- Up to 90% of direct mail gets opened, compared to only 20-30% of emails.
- Per USPS, 98% of people check their mail daily and Americans spend upwards of 30 minutes with their mail on a single occasion.
Source for stats above: Compu-mail
- 73% of American consumers say they prefer being contacted by brands via direct mail because they can read or review the information at their leisure.
- 41% of Americans of all ages look forward to checking their mail each day.
- 60% of catalog recipients visit the website of the company that mailed them that catalog.
Source for stats above: Bolger
- 70% of consumers say direct mail is more personal than online interactions.
- Nearly 80% of consumers are more likely to do business with a company that offers personalized direct mail experiences.
- Postcards outperformed email in five out of nine tests in a study from the USPS Office of the Inspector General.
More generally, ZaHub believes in direct mail because it’s…
Everyone opens mail. Even if you don’t have access to television, internet, or a cell phone, as long as you have an address, you’re reachable through mail. Opening mail is a part of the daily routine for many, and neglected by very few. Direct mail seamlessly integrates into our lives and rituals, so we see it as welcomed rather than intrusive.
With direct mail, you can target by geographic location and send your piece to all residences within your selected zip code(s). You have the ability to organize your mailing list by demographics, such as age group, income level, parenthood, and more.
There are never-ending possibilities when it comes to organizing and developing your content in an effort to present your message to your target audience and lead them to take action. You can use your pieces to inspire immediate purchases by including limited-time offers and copy that conveys a sense of urgency.
Incorporating a special offer or online promotional code into your campaign can make it easy to track responses and measure success (which we do for you at ZaHub). Direct mail is proven to be one of the most quantifiable advertising platforms.
The Bottom Line
Direct mail is effective because of its seamless integration into our lives, yet strong presence on our counters. It catches our attention while giving us control as to what we’ll do next as a current or potential customer. That’s why we think, well…we know it’s one of the most effective marketing tactics for reaching large groups of potential shop customers.
Want to do more truly effective marketing for your shop but don’t know where to start? We have the facts and the resources at ZaHub. We’re here to help! Contact us.